Monday 18 September 2017

Day 10 - baby led weaning - early days!

Today was a typical lazy family Sunday - bit of shopping but mainly hanging around the house / local park watching films and playing games.

For "breakfast" I offered some more porridge as he had some milk left over. Again I preloaded the spoon and offered it to him. I did this about 4 times - then he started to smash the porridge around and drop the spoon more times than he actually gummed it. So I took this a cue to stop and clean him up!






Once all the porridge had been removed I offered him a strawberry.

*TOP TIP ALERT* use a straw to pick through/out the top of the strawberry. This gives them something to hold (the little holes through the strawberry) and means you can offer it whole

He mainly liked trying to pick this up! None eaten but he did have a good go at gumming it.








A bit later, just after we'd had lunch I offered him some broccoli. I just boiled this until it was soft - no  salt.












At  "tea time" I offered him some roasted aubergine (picked up a reduced one earlier in the day). I literally just cut it into discs and drizzled with rapeseed oil. Then roasted in the oven until nice and soft and squidgy!

The skin was quite tough on this so he was gagging a bit on that as he was shoving it in - but he seemed to enjoy it!










No comments:

Post a Comment