Saturday 16 September 2017

Chicken Freekeh!

Exciting morning for me - I got to have 3 hours off from being a parent!

Admittedly I did have to spend some of that time running a 5k race...  (Run the Rainbow for Prospect Hospice) oh the things I'll do for a bit of peace!

Because I was out and Daddy was in charge of getting both kids to the finish line to support me and he feels more confident with BLW after the initial gagging faze is over - there was no "breakfast" offered. We are literally in the first week though so its no big deal if 3 "meals" a day aren't offered!

It is trickier to do BLW and watch a toddler so having 2 pairs of eyes or waiting until your toddler is safely occupied is a good idea!

At lunch time we all had sandwiches but I had saved some Chicken Freekeh from last nights tea for Alexander to try. This consisted of chicken which had been marinated in dill and all spice ( I saved three thin slices) and a mix of Freekeh (a bit like quinoa) red onion, feta cheese, dried cranberries, chopped almonds, mint leaves - very nice recipe from Gousto! I figured this would be ok cold.

He gagged a bit on the chicken and mainly smushed the Freekeh etc around his tray occasionallly bringing his hands to his mouth.

Here's some pictures! (I also gave him a tippy cup to play with)

















And with the cup!








He didn't get any water out but at least he figured out how to get the sippy bit in his mouth!

Oh and it's his 6 month birthday today! If going by the actual day of the month!

No comments:

Post a Comment