Friday 15 September 2017

Update from Holiday

Apologies I forgot my keyboard so creating posts was awkward. Also as I hadn't really planned to start BLW this week I wasn't fully prepared so didn't offer him anything the last two days.

However! Tuesday and Wednesday he did try some things.

*TOP TIP ALERT* When prepping veg and fruit as finger foods you can use a crinkle cutter to give the edge a wobbly shape - this can help them to grasp the thing you are offering! Per the below example of melon!












He actually managed to get a bit of melon off which stayed in his mouth after I had checked for pieces. About 30 seconds after I had checked we were all still sitting around and he suddenly coughed, gagged and spat it out. Worth noting that they can store food sometimes so keep an eye on them for a while after you've finished offering food.

In the afternoon he tried some Apricot - (I knew he seemed to enjoy this last time), banana  and green pepper. As we were all sitting down to have food I gave him a spoon to play with.












Then Wednesday morning I decided to try him with some porridge. The BLW approach for this is to offer a preloaded spoon which your little one can ram into their face/mouth at their leisure. They will likely drop a lot and smear a lot all over the place to begin with too. I like to see this as a free baby sensory session...













Quite messy - but a lot of fun! And that was the extent of the food offered this week as I was so under prepared! We ate things which weren't quite appropriate at this stage so I didn't bother.

He's fine though and he had a lovely holiday!

*please excuse my daughter in the background in her pants. She is a toddler and likes to chill out in the house in just her knickers...  *

No comments:

Post a Comment