Saturday 23 September 2017

Day 15/16 - Fri & Sat - Spag Bol!!

Friday (or Funday Friday as we call it in our house) morning is always a bit hectic. Chores to do before Annabel's Mini professors class so no time to give him "breakfast".

At lunch time we went into my work for a baby shower! Annabel had a little packed lunch so I offered Alexander a bit of apricot from that!


After a few more chores on the high street (which included a trip to the local butcher for some fresh mince beef) we returned home so I could cook up a tasty spag bol for Annabel and Alexander. 

To make it Alexander friendly I used a low salt stock cube. I also chopped up the spaghetti a bit rather than leaving it in long strands. And I basically plonked it on his high chair tray. 











Delicious!

Saturday! Due to my parents 40th Wedding Anniversary tomorrow our kitchen resembled an episode of the great british bake off for most of the day. In between baking, icing and decorating we managed the following:

Fruit for breakfast and a bit of toast - basically the same as Annabel.






































At lunch time we were mid bake so it was basic sandwiches all round for us. So Alexander tried some organic carrot stix. These say from 7 months ("learning to feed myself")  - but as we are learning to feed ourselves now I figured I'd give them a go. He seemed to enjoy them - although I must add that when he's eating "properly" I would only give these as a snack. Worth noting that they dissolve quite quickly in babies mouths - so they are good if you're terrified of chocking. You still need to watch them eating though!




Then tea time was fish fingers, peas and mash for Annabel, so Alexander tried some mash potato and peas. He enjoyed squishing this around his tray more than actually eating it - but exploring textures is one of the joys of baby led weaning! Embrace the mess! Stock up on baby wipes!















And to finish I thought we'd go for banana and this time I'll take pictures if  I  see evidence in his poo!  This has to be the ONLY time its acceptable to take pictures of poo...













No comments:

Post a Comment