Thursday 21 September 2017

Day 13 & 14 (wed/thurs) - ASK Italian!

Two days to catch up here. Bear with me!

Wed morning bit busy as I had an appointment so first offering of food wasn't until 11 ish. I decided to try banana again but in a different form - cutting some of the skin off and making it a bit like a lolly. Interestingly I think he actually swallowed some of this as his poo had black threadlike worms in it this morning! I would have taken a picture but I didn't have my phone with me when I was getting him dressed. Next time I will try and get a picture!

I also tried him with some kiwi fruit. I basically just peeled it and put it on his tray! Then when I realised he was struggling I cut it into strips.




















He loves having his chin cleaned! He's quite ticklish!

In the afternoon I decided to try him with some pasta and a tomato sauce. I made the sauce with spring onion, garlic, tomatoes, tomato purée and an olive and I boiled the pasta until it was very soft.

Fusilli seems to work best as its easy to grasp. I also put a plastic sheet under his high chair to catch bits - I used a cheap shower curtain with Annabel. Time to invest in an other one I think!














For "dessert" I thought I'd bust out the yogurt bark again. Turns out he's still not a fan...





THURSDAY

Breakfast time I tried him with some porridge again. He seemed to really enjoying this - especially spreading it around the tray! I also tried him with another spoon - but he put it too far into his mouth and gagged.














And then as I was out for lunch with a friend I shared some of my lunch with him! We were in ASK Italian. I had a garlic pizza bread for a starter so I gave him some of the crust to chomp. Then I ordered a side of zucchini/courgette strips for him to try. Yes they had batter on but I peeled most of this off and he had a good old suck!








By the time we'd finished chores and got back home there wasn't really any opportunity to offer more food so I didn't. 



No comments:

Post a Comment