Monday 7 August 2017

Why did I do baby led weaning and why am I doing it again?

*Annabel my daughter enjoying yogurt*

So why did I decide to do Baby Led Weaning with Annabel? 

Short answer: because I am lazy *winks*

Really:
  • I read up on traditional weaning methods and baby led weaning and decided that BLW would suit me better (basically skipping purée)
  • You don't need to buy lots of equipment
  • The baby gets used to eating the same kind of food you eat (although I admit I became a lot more conscious of what I was eating and started eating a lot more fruit! - bonus) 
  • It helps them to develop fine motor skills and teaches them to chew before they swallow
  • They get messy and it's lots of fun!
I'm so glad I did. Annabel loves her food now - mealtimes are not a battle. She has what's she's offered and either eats it or she doesn't. No drama.

So fingers crossed Alexander takes to it as well - although the blog would probably be more interesting if he doesn't!

Few more pics of Annabel! 




No comments:

Post a Comment